29 April 2011

Holy mother of god...

I haven't posted here for ages. Again. That's bad. Real bad. So bad that I might cry. No, not that. Faint, maybe, but never cry.

I suppose I should throw some kind of update up. Yes, that seems like a good idea. Been going to the cinema quite a bit lately, but have been unable to concoct anything even vaguely resembling a review for a while. This may be down to my state of mind, but also down to the fact that I've been directing rather a lot of creative energy towards the old novel, which is now coming along rather nicely. Yes, I know I've said that in the past, but this time it's actually true, instead of someone with writer's block making excuses. So woo-hoo for that! But yes, managed to get a review of Thor written, which - as you've probably gathered - I thoroughly enjoyed. I also have a new way of expressing hunger, thanks to that movie: 'This mortal form grows weak! I require sustenance!'. Seriously, go see it, it's awesome.

Other movie news, other movie news. Oh yeah, I saw The Eagle - which was competent if a little average, with some beautiful visuals mitigated by hammy acting and a rather muddled story. Then there was Source Code, which I, personally, think confirms what an exciting director Duncan Jones is turning into.

I managed to acquire Portal 2 - and that was absolutely brilliant. A little shorter than I thought it would be, but so fantastically well written that the enjoyment-to-time ratio is probably higher than any game you care to mention. Favourite line? Is of course 'An eternal nemesis worthy of my intellect. Holmes and Moriarty. Aristotle and MASHY SPIKE PLATE.' Genius. I'll see if I can splurge up a review, but for now, I'll just give it a massive thumbs up.

Next up is Brink, and if you don't know what Brink is, clicky. Apart from the worst backronym ever, I reckon it's shaping up to be pretty damn awesome. Looks like it's gonna play like Mirror's Edge should have. Good news all round.

That's about it. Or at least, all I can think of at the moment. Sorry for lack of any graphical variation to the post. I'm tired and can't be arsed to find pictures. Yes, I'm that lazy.

Anyways! Adieu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tick like, welcome back!!!!