8 January 2008

Work...work...work....PLAY!!!

Woo hoo! My copy of Transformers arrived. Watching it as we speak; and I'm enjoying it just as much as I did when I saw it in the cinema. It loses a little of the oomph without HD picture and surround sound; but it's undeniable that the special effects are still top notch. Was reading the Wiki page, and I still find it difficult to believe that it only got 59% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's rotten! And it's not particularly fair. It's a bit dumb, a bit empty and wholly enjoyable - just like my review of it stated! But still, I never expect the world at large to agree with me; so I'm hardly surprised.

Finally finished work on Sunday. I've apparently amassed just under £2,000! Which is fairly impressive for just over a month's work; although I had to pay December and January's rent from that, which means I'm down to around £1,300. Still, that gives me more or less enough money to last until the end of March. Which is good. Still need a new job; but I'm not in a massive hurry just yet. Might try getting something in retail; that could be fun.

Should be going to see I am Legend tonight or tomorrow; so - seeing as I have nothing better to do - I shall post a review of it up. It's been getting all sorts of mixed reviews up until now - 66% on Rotten Tomatoes; which is a low Fresh rating - and on TSR it's exactly the same from an (albeit rather limited) audience. So I'm attempting to lower my expectations - after all, I rather liked Francis Lawrence's last picture, Constantine, and Will Smith has been in loads of films that I really like. Anyways, hopefully should be good; but judgement is reserved until I've seen the bloody thing.

That's about it for now. Tip your poodles, Spooner!

No comments: