22 January 2009

Bricks

Whaddya think? 
My Xbox is bricked. That's deeply unhelpful, but anyways, have sent it off to Microsoft to fix the bugger. Quite impressed with them, to be honest. I reported it yesterday night - that's after 9pm - and the dude from UPS rocks up today with the parcel label. Had to hastily assemble something vaguely resembling a package, and he slaps the label on, and the Xbox is gone! Apparently it's going to be back to me within 2-3 weeks.

Basically, got back home from going out to the Post Office Depot, Call of Duty 5 in hand. I'm playing it for all of about 5 minutes when suddenly the graphics start strobing rather violently. So I turn the console off and back on again, and I've got an E74 - which, if you guys don't know, is the lower-right quadrant of the Ring of Light being red. So not the fabled Red Ring of Death, but almost as bad. The really annoying thing is that 9 times out of 10, an E74 will resolve itself simply by switch the console off and back on again. But of course, I get struck by the 1 in 10. Oh well.

But on the bright side, the UPS dude also brought some cake, and a rather shiny iPod touch, which was part of my birthday present from my Dad. The other part is something rather special - a brand, shiny new computer! Specs are...
  • Dell XPS 630
  • Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Extreme Processor QX6850 (3.00Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, 8MB cache)
  • 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
  • 1GB nVidia GeForce GTX 280 graphics card
  • 1.2 TB (2x 640 GB) Serial ATA (7200 Rpm) Dual HDD Config Raid 0 Stripe
  • 4X Blu-Ray DVD RW Disc Drive & 16X DVD Rom Drive
  • 23in Full HD+ Widescreen (2048 x 1152)
The words 'HELL FUCKING YEAH' spring to mind immediately, oh yes. Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it.

Should be going to the cinema within the next week - I really want to start going again after being so annoyingly jaded as to being let go from Cineworld. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans should cheer me up, I hope. Will certainly post a review of it, so watch out for that.

That's about it really. Lots of excitement, some shite, and time rolling on. Fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blu-Ray! Blu-Ray! Well get Blade Runner ultimate in BRD, amazing! M'ma