Basically, got back home from going out to the Post Office Depot, Call of Duty 5 in hand. I'm playing it for all of about 5 minutes when suddenly the graphics start strobing rather violently. So I turn the console off and back on again, and I've got an E74 - which, if you guys don't know, is the lower-right quadrant of the Ring of Light being red. So not the fabled Red Ring of Death, but almost as bad. The really annoying thing is that 9 times out of 10, an E74 will resolve itself simply by switch the console off and back on again. But of course, I get struck by the 1 in 10. Oh well.
But on the bright side, the UPS dude also brought some cake, and a rather shiny iPod touch, which was part of my birthday present from my Dad. The other part is something rather special - a brand, shiny new computer! Specs are...
- Dell XPS 630
- Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Extreme Processor QX6850 (3.00Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, 8MB cache)
- 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
- 1GB nVidia GeForce GTX 280 graphics card
- 1.2 TB (2x 640 GB) Serial ATA (7200 Rpm) Dual HDD Config Raid 0 Stripe
- 4X Blu-Ray DVD RW Disc Drive & 16X DVD Rom Drive
- 23in Full HD+ Widescreen (2048 x 1152)
Should be going to the cinema within the next week - I really want to start going again after being so annoyingly jaded as to being let go from Cineworld. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans should cheer me up, I hope. Will certainly post a review of it, so watch out for that.
That's about it really. Lots of excitement, some shite, and time rolling on. Fun.